Available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
This integration syncs contacts and their ecommerce activity from Square to ActiveCampaign.
- For this data to sync, each customer must have an email address in your Square account
- You can connect one Square location to one ActiveCampaign connection. If you have many Square locations to sync, you can make as many integrations as you need
How the Square integration works
The Square integration syncs the following data to your ActiveCampaign account upon connection:
- Historical payments that have Square customers
- All current Square customers
The integration then syncs payment data and associated Square customers to ActiveCampaign every 30 minutes.
You can also sync historical Square payments and customer data on demand.
Configure the Square integration
- From your ActiveCampaign account, click Apps on the left menu.
- Search for the Square integration. Then click the Square option to open it.
- Click the "Import contacts" button.
- A modal window will appear. Click the "Connect" button.
- We will redirect you to your Square login page. Enter your login credentials, then click the "Sign in" button.
- We will redirect you back to your ActiveCampaign account. Click the "Continue" button.
- Use the dropdowns to select your location and connection type. When finished, click the "Continue" button.
- Square location
The Square location is your store location. You can connect one Square location to one ActiveCampaign connection. If you have many Square locations to sync, you can make as many integrations as you need.
- Connection type
If you have an existing ActiveCampaign Square connection, make sure to match the location with the connection. If you choose the wrong connection or "Create New," you will likely experience duplicate data. If you are integrating with Square for the first time, select the "Create New" option.
- Square location
- Use the dropdowns to map your Square Customer ID to your ActiveCampaign External ID. Then click the "Continue" button.
- Click the "Active Sync" radio button and type the name of the import into the field provided. Then click the "Finish" button.
Use store location as your import name. This will help you remember which stores are synced to your account.
Managing your Square integration
Once you connect your Square store to ActiveCampaign, you can manage the connection anytime, including performing manual historical syncs and disconnecting the integration.
These actions are done on the Square integration page in your account. To get there:
- Click "Apps" on the left menu.
- Click the "Connected Apps" option.
- Click the Square integration.
Perform manual historical syncs
To manually run a historical sync, click the "Imports" tab, then click the "Restart" button.
The following data will sync from your connected Square store:
- All customers in your Square account, along with any payments that they made
- All customers in your Square account who have not made any payments
- All payments made in Square by contacts who already exist in your ActiveCampaign account
Clicking the "restart" button will not trigger any automations to run that use the "Makes a purchase" trigger for your Square store, except for orders that your customers placed within 24 hours of the historical sync being run.
Historical data synced is all data from your connected Square store.
Stop syncing data
To stop data from syncing to ActiveCampaign, click the "Delete Import" option for your connected store.
Data synced from Square
When we sync data from Square, a contact profile record is created for the customer if one does not yet exist.
Each contact with payment data synced from Square will have an ecommerce box on their profile page.
The top portion of the ecommerce box displays a summary of the total revenue, number of orders, and number of products purchased by that contact. Under the summary, you will see the following data for each order:
- Order number
- Total (order price)
- Order date and time
- Store name
- Products button
Clicking the "Products" button opens the order's details, including:
- Order status
- Order number (this will contain a link that will open the order in Square)
- Order date and time
- Discount code and discount price (if used)
- List of products contained in that order:
- Image of the product (if available)
- Product name
- Quantity ordered
- Product price
In addition, we'll' display synced order information in the activity stream for each contact.
Fields imported from Square
Below is a list of fields imported from Square and the fields they are mapped to in ActiveCampaign.
|Square fields||ActiveCampaign fields|
|Customer first name||First name|
|Customer last name||Last name|
|Customer email address|
Order # URL
Product name; available when you click the "Products" button for an order.
Price; available when you click the "Products" button for an order.
Description; available when you click the "Products" button for an order.
Qty; available when you click the "Products" button for an order.
Use Ecommerce segmenting conditions
Ecommerce segmenting conditions will be available in your account once you enable the integration. Use these conditions to create:
- "If/Else" forks in automations
- Conditional content in your campaigns
- Goal actions in your automations
- "Split Test" automations
- Deal scores or contact scores
- List segments
Use Deep Data personalization tags in your campaigns and automation emails. Doing so lets you dynamically display product-specific content in your messaging.
Start an automation when a customer makes a purchase
Add a contact to an automation with the "Makes a purchase" automation trigger.
View order information in the Conversations Unified Inbox
Conversations is no longer available for purchase to new customers as of January 3, 2023.
If you're using Conversations, agents will see an overview of a known visitor's order history. Order history information will dynamically appear in the Conversations Unified Inbox whenever a known visitor opens a conversation. Agents can use this information to gain greater context when interacting with a visitor which will allow for deeper engagement.