With ActiveCampaign, you can use the "Send Campaign" button to send any standard campaign with a "Sent" status to a contact right from their profile record.
- This feature will send a campaign to a single contact only
- This feature can only be used with standard campaigns created on the Campaigns section of your account. These campaigns must have a "Sent" status
- The following campaign types are not supported by this feature:
- Automation emails
- Auto Responder emails
- Date Based emails
- RSS Triggered emails
- Split Test emails
- Any campaign in draft status
- Opt-in confirmation emails
- Personal, 1:1 emails
- The contact you're sending to must be subscribed to at least one of the lists the original campaign was sent to
- The contact you're sending to must meet the original segment criteria of the sent campaign
- The contact cannot be on your account's exclusion list
Send a campaign to a single contact
- Click "Contacts" in the left menu to navigate to the Contacts Overview page.
- Locate the contact you wish to resend a campaign to.
- Click the contact's name or email address to open their profile record.
- Click the "Send a Campaign" button.
- A "Send This Contact a Campaign" modal will appear. Click the "Campaign" dropdown then click the campaign you wish to resend.
- Click the "Send" button.
The campaign will immediately send to the contact. A confirmation message will appear at the top of the profile record letting you know that the campaign was successfully sent.
Troubleshooting campaign send errors
There are a few reasons why you may have received a "Campaign failed to send" message:
- The contact is on your exclusion list
If the contact is on your exclusion list, it's either because they were added to it manually by a user on your ActiveCampaign account or the contact clicked the "unsubscribe all" link in one of your emails. You can easily remove a contact from the exclusion list if necessary and resend them the campaign. Note that if you remove any contacts who clicked the "unsubscribe all" link from your exclusion list, they will remain as unsubscribed from your lists and you will not be able to send them any emails.
- The contact does not meet the original segment criteria of the campaign
This error will appear if the campaign was originally sent to a segment that the contact is not a part of. To send a campaign to a contact in this case, you will need to use the "Resend this Campaign" feature available on the Campaigns overview page and select the "Create a new campaign based on this campaign" option. Then when selecting lists, you will need to select the list the contact is on, then create a segment that only includes their email address.
Other ways to resend your campaign
If you are looking to resend your campaign to new contacts (since the campaign was originally sent), contacts who were sent the campaign but did not read/open, or create a new campaign based on the sent campaign, please look at How to resend a campaign.
If you are looking to resend a campaign to a group of specific contacts, please look at How do I resend a campaign to specific contacts?