With ActiveCampaign, you can use the Abandoned Cart content block in the Email Designer (launched 2022). When a contact abandons their cart, you can send them an automated campaign that contains customized information about the product(s) they left in their cart and remind them to complete their purchase.
- Available with automated campaigns only
- Your automation must use an "Abandons Cart" trigger
- You can only have one Abandoned Cart content block per automation email
- This content block is part of our Abandoned Cart feature, and you can use it with the following deep data integrations:
- Any third-party deep data integration that supports abandoned cart
- Information contained in the Abandoned Cart content block will only appear for contacts who have abandoned cart data at the time they encounter the "Send Email" action in your automation
Add the "Abandoned Cart" content block to your automated email
- From your automation, click "Sending Options" on the right menu.
- Drag the "Send Email" action to your automation.
- Click "Create a new email."
- Type the name of the email into the field provided and click "Create."
- Click the "Early Access" template type, then click "Continue."
- Hover your mouse over the template you want to use, then click "Select."
- Type the subject line into the subject line field and click the "Continue" button. Note that you can change the subject line later.
- Drag the "Abandoned Cart" content block to your email layout.
Adjust the number of abandoned items to display
Once you drag the content block to your email layout, four products will appear by default:
You can change the number of items to display, or you can choose to show all abandoned products.
To limit the number of products in your email, use the "Limit to" option on the right pane to decrease or increase the number of items shown:
To show all abandoned items, click the "All abandoned products" toggle to set it to the "On" position. This option will display all products that your customer left in their cart:
Sort displayed products
The "Sort Products" option on the right pane defaults to "Price: High to Low." However, you can use any of the following sorting options instead:
- Recently added
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
To change the default sorting option, click the "Sort Products" dropdown located on the right pane and click the sorting option you wish to use:
Choose which abandoned product components to display
By default, the Abandoned Cart content block shows the following components for each product:
- Product image
- Product name
You can choose to display or hide each of these by clicking the appropriate toggle on the right pane:
You can also adjust the text's color, style, and size and use bold or italics for these items by clicking the appropriate pencil icon.
We pull product images and information directly from your connected ecommerce store. It is not possible to use a different image or update product content information from ActiveCampaign. You will need to make any necessary content changes in your ecommerce store.
Modify the "Return to Checkout" button
The "Return to Checkout" button directs your customers to their shopping carts so they can complete their purchases. This button is displayed in the "Abandoned Cart" content block. To remove this button, click the "Return to Checkout" toggle located on the right pane of the email designer to set it to the "Off" position.
You can also edit the following elements of the "Return to Checkout" button:
- Link: We use a personalization tag for the abandoned cart URL. However, you can add any link you wish in this field
- Text style and size
- Use bold or italics
- Button color
- Text color
- Background color
- Border radius
- Alignment (right, center, left, or mobile layout)
- Fixed height
- Add an icon
- Button width
- Button border
To modify these elements, click the "Return to Checkout" button in your campaign layout. Then select the item you wish to adjust from the right pane.