One of the benefits of reply tracking is that you can trigger an automation to run when a contact replies to your campaign or automation email. You may want to do this to send follow up messages, add contacts to a new list, tag your contacts, and more.
For more information on Reply Tracking, check out this help document.
There are two different ways to create an automation based on reply tracking. We will walk you through both. The end result is the same, it's just a matter of preference.
From the Automations page
- Click on “Automations” from the top navigation menu
- Click “New Automation” on the top right of your screen
- Select “Start from Scratch” and click “Create”
- Select the “Replies to an email” trigger from the trigger modal
- Select “When a contact replies to a campaign”
- Select the campaign name from the dropdown and select if you want the automation to run once or multiple times.
- Click "Add Start"
From the Campaign Summary page
- Go to the Campaign Summary page of your campaign
- Toggle “Reply Tracking” to “On.” A link for automations will appear. It will look something like this:
- Click on that blue Automation(s) text and select “Add New Automation” from the modal pop up
- This action will redirect you to an automations page with your Reply Tracking Trigger. A default name will also be assigned to this automation, which can be changed at any time
To find out more about automation start triggers, check out this guide.