With ActiveCampaign, you can see where a contact is in your automation and how they entered it. Being able to view your contact's path will show you what steps they completed and can help you address any questions or issues that arise with your automation.
To view your contact’s path in your automation, follow these steps:
- Click "Contacts" on the left menu to navigate to the Contacts Overview page.
- Use the search field to find the contact.
- Click the contact's name to open their profile record.
- Click the name of the automation that the contact is in. This is located in the "General Details" box on the profile record.
- A modal window will open. This window will display:
- The contact's completion status for the automation
- The date they last completed the automation (if applicable)
- A list of dates and times that they entered your automation along with a completion rate
- Click the "View" button.
- You will be directed to a page where you can see each step that the contact went through in your automation:
- The trigger at the top will show you how the contact entered the automation
- A green checkmark next to an automation step indicates that the contact successfully passed through that step. You can hover your mouse over the checkmark to see when the contact completed that step
- A red "X" next to an automation step means that the contact skipped that step. To see why the contact skipped the step, hover your mouse over the "X" symbol to see an explanation