One-to-one emails, or personal emails, are one-off messages that you can send to contacts from the Contact Overview page or a contact profile page. If you are on a Plus, Professional, or Enterprise plan, you can also send a one-to-one email to a contact from their deal record.
In this article, you'll learn how to create and send a one-to-one email to a contact from the Contacts Overview page and a contact profile page.
If you connected your email account to the Deals CRM, you can use automation to send one-to-one emails to your leads and contacts. To learn more, visit "How to send one-to-one emails to any contact on a deal."
- Click "Contacts."
- Locate the contact you want to send an email to and click the "Email" button. Note that you can send a one-to-one email to a contact from their profile record.
- The message composer will open. Type a subject line and your message into the fields provided. Note the bold, italics, and strikethrough styling options on the lower left of the composer. To add bullet points, insert a link, or switch from html to a plain text email, click the more options icon (vertical ellipsis).
- Optional: If you want to use a template for this message, click the “Saved Responses” icon and select which Saved Response you want to use for this email. Click here for more information on using Saved Responses.
- Optional: You can insert a personalization tag in order to add values from the contact record to your message. To do so, type the percentage symbol (%) into the body of the message. You’ll be presented with a menu of fields you can insert. After selecting the field, you’ll see a blue placeholder with an inserted value. If any of the personalization tags appear in red, then this means the contact does not have a value for that field. If you try to send a personal email with a tag highlighted in red, you will be asked to add a value for that field before sending your message.
- Optional: You can add the contact to any active automation once the email is sent or when the contact replies to your email. To use this option, click the “Automate this email” icon.
Next, click the automation you want to add the contact to and select if you want to add them when the email is sent or when they reply. Then click "Save."
- Clicking the “From/To Details” will show you the From email address and To email address. The From email address will be the email address associated with the account user and cannot be changed.
- Once you have finished creating your email, click “Send.”