You can export a list of contacts to a CSV file.
In this article:
Export a list
1. Click "Lists" in the left menu to go to the Lists overview page.
2. From here, click the list you wish to export.
3. Click the Status dropdown to select which contacts you want to export. You can choose from five contact statuses: Active, Unconfirmed, Unsubscribed, Bounced, or Any (Active is selected by default).
4. Click the "Export" button.
5. The "Export Options" modal will appear. You can type the name of the export into the field provided and click the fields you wish to include with the export. Clicking the "Other Fields" checkbox will either select or unselect all fields under it.
6. Click "Export."
The export will start to run in the background and a confirmation message will appear at the top of the page. You are safe to navigate to a different page in your account, log out, or close your browser. The export will still run.
Download and view export results
You can download the results from the Exports page in your account:
1. Click the link in the confirmation message or click Contacts > Exports.
2. Click the "Download" link under the "Actions" column for the export.
Note that this link will be valid for 7 days.
A CSV file will open and display the export results you selected. You'll see columns for custom fields, lead scores, and deal scores. Tags for each contact will appear in a single column.
In addition the following default data will be included in the export:
Name of the list you exported
Email address of your contact. The data is pulled from a default system email address field.
First name of your contact. This data is pulled from a default system first name field. If the contact does not have a first name listed in your account, the cell will be blank.
Last name of your contact. The data is pulled from a default system last name field. If a contact does not have a last name listed in your account, this cell will be blank.
Phone number of your contact. This data is pulled from a default system phone field. If a contact does not have data for this field in your account, this cell will be blank.
Subscriber status of your contact. If you are exporting a list of “Active” contacts, then “Active” will appear in this column for each contact. You can read more about subscriber statuses here.
Date Contact Record Created
This is the date a contact was added to your account.
Most recent IP address of your contact at the time of export.
Most recent browser and operating system for a contact. This is collected when a contact completes a trackable action, such as opening an email in a browser, clicking a link in our email, visiting a website with site tracking installed, and form submissions.
This is the date a contact subscribed to the list you exported.
This is the date the contact was unsubscribed from the list you exported.
Organization for your contact. The data is pulled from a default system Organization field. If a contact does not have an organization listed in your account, this cell will be blank.
Export one or more contacts
Export all contacts
You can export all contacts from the Contacts overview page by clicking the "Export" button.