A list is a group of contacts who have opted into receiving communications from you. Lists are also the primary way to broadly group contacts based on interest or message type (newsletter, announcements, alerts).
Campaigns can only be sent to contacts on a list, and you are required to have at least one list before you create an automation.
To learn how to create a list, follow these steps:
1. Click "Lists" on the leftside navigation to go to the Lists overview page.
2. Click either "Create a new list" or "Add New List."
3. Type the name of the list into the "Name your list" field.
We recommend making the list name short, yet descriptive. In addition, contacts will be able to see your list name.
4. Type the website URL that this list is for. You will want to type your company's website in this field.
This field is required for compliance purposes.
5. Remind your contacts why they are on this list and why you are emailing them by typing it in the reminder field provided.
Reminders are helpful because it's likely that your contacts subscribed to a lot of different newsletters, and may not remember signing up for yours. A gentle reminder can help increase engagement with your campaigns. These reminders are not automatically added to your campaigns. Click here to learn how to use a personalization tag to include this reminder.
6. Click the "Create List" button.
Now that the list has been created, you can start adding contacts to it.